Sunday, February 05, 2017

Drabble #10: A story in 100 words

For representational purpose only
Last night, I finally took out a supari on my husband. I wanted the rat dead before I'd my first sip of morning chai. I picked up the phone and speed dialled a number.

"It's over. He's gone."

"Are you sure?"

"I was there."

"Where's the body?"

"Everywhere."

"Okay, baby, get to the airport. I'll be on the other side, I promise."

I picked up my bag and walked through the hall when the front door opened and two men, faces hidden behind kerchiefs, entered.

"Who...who are you?"

"Friends of your husband."

A single bullet sliced through the air.



Note: For previous Drabbles, click here.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like they both got what they deserved?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Where's the body?" "Everywhere." Haha - loved that line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, FictionFan. I got that idea from real murder cases in my neck of the woods.

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is great, Prashant! I like that jolting ending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margot. I don't know who was ahead of whom — neither I guess.

      Delete
  4. Perfect symmetry Prashant - great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Elgin. The twist is the tough part of flash fiction.

      Delete