Wednesday, June 20, 2012

JUKE BOX

Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas

Everybody was kung fu fighting
Those cats were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightning
But they fought with expert timing


There isn't a single 1970s kid in India who didn't swing or lip sync to the popular disco song Kung Fu Fighting written and sung by the Jamaican-born, UK-based singer Carl Douglas and produced by the Indian-born, British composer and singer Biddu Appaiah. The 1974 song, with its farcical lyrics, became a hit single and sold eleven million records at the time. It also made disco music more popular than ever. In this video you have Douglas and Biddu (extreme left) singing and swaying to the martial arts number.



4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I was not a disco fan but this song was just pure fun and I still like to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charles, disco music, both English and Hindi, was very popular in India in the 70s and early 80s, and this song was top of the charts, so to say, for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hoot. I thought I was around in the 1970s, but I don't remember this one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron, it's certainly catching. It reminds me of a few other 60s and 70s song that I'll feature here soon.

    ReplyDelete