Saturday, April 07, 2012

JUKE BOX

Billie Jean by Michael Jackson

Take the beat out of Michael Jackson's songs and there's very little left to listen to. But there's one Jackson song that has remained a favourite with me since his 1982 album Thriller introduced it    Billie Jean. I'm willing to ignore his voice for this particular number which has pretty good lyrics and music too. After all these years I still enjoy listening to Thriller and Beat It and I still marvel at how the crotch-grabbing pop sensation beat Elvis Presley's record — beat, beat, beat... 


7 comments:

  1. I agree. This one really stuck with me over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my wife's favorites. My favorite by Michael is Dirty Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, it's the only song by MJ that I've ever liked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charles, I know quite a few people who give BILLIE JEAN the thumbs-up. I have never listened to DIRTY DIANA before but now I'll listen to it. I might like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think of myself as a fan, but I like most everything he's done going back to when he was a kid singing with his brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ron, I must admit I'm not familiar with Michael Jackson's songs while he was a part of Jackson Five.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for this useful article. I like it. http://www.chess-forum.com

    ReplyDelete